Sunday, March 4, 2018

DIY Bunny Mug


Hello everyone! This adorable bunny mug is one of my favorite crafts ever! I've had it for almost four years and it is still my favorite morning coffee mug. It is very easy to made and represent a perfect gift for any bunny lover. Since Easter is just around the corner, I'll post my tutorial again. I hope you will like it as much as I do!
Supplies:
-Blank porcelain mug
-Porcelain painter in a pen
-Baking paper
-Graphite pencil, as soft as possible (7 B is the best)
-Scissors
-Plastic tape
-Toothpick

I used Marabu Porcelain painter since I already had good experience with their products, and because their paint is dishwasher safe.


If your mug has any printing on the bottom, use a little bit of acetone to remove it before you start.
To make bunny ears equal size and symmetrical, draw one ear on baking paper, fold it in half, and then draw another.




Position your drawing face down to the mug and use plastic tape to fix it. Make sure that mug is clean and completely dry.


After you remove the baking paper, use your porcelain paint marker to paint on the mug. Make sure you have a wet cloth or a sponge near by in case you need to wipe off excess paint.



Repeat previous steps to paint a bunny face on the bottom of the mug. Make sure that ears and face are well aligned with each other. I used toothpick for the eyes, so they wouldn't smudge.




You should allow paint to dry for at least 24 h in order for it to be completely dry. I waited for about 72 hours, to make sure it is absolutely dry, and now, 4 years later, I still use it almost every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment